What’s this position about?
Makosi is a growing tech-backed company disrupting the accounting industry and how firms find integrate and manage talent. At Makosi, we are in the business of changing the future of how accounting firms structure their workforce for good. Secure a spot on the coolest and fastest-growing fully remote team ever!
Makosi's core values are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all our company's actions and it is our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies in our internal and external service offering, deliverables and dealings through displaying:
- Innovation and
The Audit industry is a big business - around $700 billion big. It's also gone a remarkably long time without any major disruption, and we're excited to bring a long overdue update. We're building a new category of tech-forward professional services, rewriting the story of who does the work in the Audit industry and taking the business of Audit to a new standard.
We work with in-house Audit teams at some of the most innovative companies in the world across various sectors - financial services, life sciences, energy, technology, entertainment & media, consumer products and more - to help solve their most pressing challenges.
We're comprised of 400+ passionate Makosi's who serve over 80 percent of the Top 100 Public Accounting firms across 7 offices globally (and growing), delivering complex solutions via a highly scalable two-sided marketplace platform for Audit talent.
We have established ourselves as the leading disruptor within one of the largest business services industry. And we're only getting started.
As a Makosi engagement manager you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the overall client experience by developing, building and maintaining impactful and lasting relationships with our clients.
As an Engagement Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of global client accounts and serve as the key point of contact for these accounts. Your primary role is to add additional management bandwidth to ongoing projects and help seamlessly deploy, integrate and manage our internal Makosi Rockstars.
This key role requires the ability to dive deep into your subject matter knowledge of accounting and auditing and lead a team that is deployed at one of our global clients.
- High performing manager in Assurance (2-3 years post article experience)
- Experience in with working with a diverse workforce in different regions
- Experience in meeting specific client talent, business goals, anticipate future needs, and develop solutions
- Wide industry experience with deep knowledge across sectors
- Thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented environment, solve problems creatively, think on your feet
- Qualified and registered Chartered Accountant CA (SA)
- IFRS and US GAAP
South Africa, Virtual
Your daily adventures include:
- Deploy, integrate and manage virtual or onsite Makosi teams
- Apply ambition and drive to enable successful client happiness, retention and growth
- Ensure projects are carried out successfully
- Creating and maintaining an excellent experience for our clients
- Provide team setup and training
- Support teams on project by providing technical and other coaching
- Manage consultant utilization and scheduling on projects
- Solve client issues
- Gather and address client feedback
- Invoice and bill client
- Optimize future projects and increase our success at current clients
- Work with the sales team to obtain new clients
- Audit manager with wide industry experience with deep knowledge across sectors
- Qualified and registered Chartered Accountant (SAICA)
- Highly organised and structured, with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills to build good professional and personal relationships with clients and consultants
- Confident, articulate, and professional communication
- Desire to teach and coach
- Attention to detail and committed to excellence
- Quickly gains comfort with content areas which are unfamiliar
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others