What’s this position about?
In the midst of extraordinary growth, our PMO team is growing! We are currently seeking a Project Manager that will drive the total execution of our key strategic projects, from concept to close. You will be working closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, budgets, and schedules are on track. To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management, the ability to lead project teams, knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies as well as understanding business changes and standard business processes.
Anywhere, South Africa
Your daily adventures will include:
- Working with the business to define its project requirements in order to meet its strategic objectives.
- Manage the process of initiating the project; define, scope, and plan the project.
- Obtain sign off for the business case/charter from the project sponsor and or relevant Makosi stakeholders.
- Prepare and agree a detailed project / sub project Stakeholder RACI (responsibilities).
- Calculate the project benefits and ensure that they are included in the charter and signed off.
- Lead and direct the Project, including the co-ordination of the Sub-Project Managers (if any), in a manner that will ensure that the project goals and objectives are achieved within the overall scope.
- Manage all elements of the project execution; all project activities (scope), identified in the Scope of Work / Charter, are actioned, using allocated resources, within the budget and agreed deadlines determined by the Project Plan. (time, cost, and quality).
- Manage and lead a project team and drive action items.
- Manage outputs, timelines, and risks & issues.
- Report and escalate issues to Project sponsor.
- Updating of Project Plans.
- Maintain the Project Repository.
- Maintenance of the Change Control process and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all project meetings and progress reporting.
- Manage the close out of the project paying specific attention to gathering lessons learnt (retrospective).
- Project execution in alignment with the PMBOKÂ® 10 Knowledge Areas.
- Relevant Qualification.
- 6 - 10 years Project Management experience.
- Agile and/or Waterfall / Hybrid project management experience.
- Experience in employing change management and best practice disciplines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Proven ability to manage direct reports.