What’s this position about?
Makosi is a growing tech-backed company disrupting the accounting industry and how firms find integrate and manage talent. At Makosi, we are in the business of changing the future of how accounting firms structure their workforce for good. Secure a spot on the coolest and fastest-growing fully remote team ever!
Makosi's core values are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all our company's actions and it is our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies in our internal and external service offering, deliverables and dealings through displaying:
- Innovation and
The Audit industry is a big business - around $700 billion big. It's also gone a remarkably long time without any major disruption, and we're excited to bring a long overdue update. We're building a new category of tech-forward professional services, rewriting the story of who does the work in the Audit industry and taking the business of Audit to a new standard.
We work with in-house Audit teams at some of the most innovative companies in the world across various sectors - financial services, life sciences, energy, technology, entertainment & media, consumer products and more - to help solve their most pressing challenges.
We're comprised of 400+ passionate Makosi's who serve over 80 percent of the Top 100 Public Accounting firms across 7 offices globally (and growing), delivering complex solutions via a highly scalable two-sided marketplace platform for Audit talent.
We have established ourselves as the leading disruptor within one of the largest business services industry. And we're only getting started.
About the role:
The Client Success Manager is responsible for developing and fostering strong relationships with a portfolio of accounts. The CSM is a trusted advisor who partners with our clients to ensure they receive the full value of their investment in Makosi's solutions. The CSM engages with clients post-sale to drive adoption, satisfaction, expansion, retention, and lifetime value. Internally, the CSM serves as the voice of the customer by providing feedback to different functions across the organization. The CSM is the quarterback of the relationship, ensuring internal resources are aligned to achieve the customers desired outcome. The CSM will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engagement Management, and Finance. This role reports to the Chief Experience Officer and is a key member of the Client Success team.
Base salary & annual bonus
East Coast, USA
Your daily adventures will include:
- Manage post-sales activity for Makosi clients through strong relationship management, planning, and execution
- Own positive customer success outcomes for a portfolio of accounts: retention, expansion, customer advocacy, and overall lifetime value
- Own the customer relationship across the lifecycle of their engagement, from onboarding to ongoing adoption
- Successfully achieve and exceed Client Success revenue and retention targets
- Understand the customers business, and ensure the engagement is set to deliver value against their goals
- Conduct regular Strategic Business Reviews to ensure alignment with client priorities and eliminate risk factors
- Project manage multiple, concurrent customer engagements varying in complexity using an internal cross-functional team to flawlessly execute and deliver on solutions that deepen and expand the relationship
- Manage issues and escalations from initial report to resolution
- Maintain product expertise across Makosi's products and solutions (Audit, TAS, IT Audit, etc.)
- Own pricing and contract negotiations using skills that balance both the customer and Makosi perspectives
- Be the voice of the customer and provide feedback on how Makosi can better serve our customers and shape product innovation
- Partner with Sales in order to drive increased revenue through new business partnership
- Determine process efficiencies to improve Client Success Department and Company productivity
- Minimum 5+ years of Customer Success or Account Management
- Ability to travel when possible
- Excellent understanding of public accounting
- Strong relationship management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-oriented mindset, with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive, goal-oriented, persistent, organized, and skilled negotiator