What’s this position about?
Makosi's approach to mobility reflects our commitment to our people, our clients, and our organization. We aim to support the international opportunities needed by our business partners and employees in order to achieve their potential and grow their careers as well as develop a global, inclusive and flexible mind and skill-set, thus making our people invaluable to their clients.
Anywhere, South Africa
Your daily adventures will include:
- Define the people mobility vision and strategy
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, and management of international assignments.
- Manage intake of mobility requests from stakeholders in the Region (where required). Understand business and/or assignee requirements consult on and administer the application of Modular Mobility Framework to determine assignment category selection, policy benefits, compensation decisions, and exception process.
- Educate stakeholders on their responsibilities in the process and send periodic reminders, as required
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders across Finance, Legal, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Payroll, EHS, CRM, Sales, etc.
- Become the primary point of contact across the business and apply and identify an understanding of business needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope
- You will guide and provide relevant advice to your stakeholders on all mobility-related activities, and pull together stakeholders and colleagues across the Mobility ecosystem in order to successfully manage the end-to-end lifecycle of the program assignments.
- The position will work with business leaders and assignees (at all levels) to plan, coordinate and manage end-to-end international mobility assignments into and out of the region e.g. pre-assignment, on-assignment, repatriation, and post-assignment)
- You will guide and provide relevant advice to your business stakeholders and assignees to ensure consistent exceptional assignee experiences with intentional outcomes
- Understand the business case to map the appropriate relocation package, prepare cost estimates and manage the preparation of assignment contract/s
- Ensure letters of assignment and all relevant assignment documentation are prepared efficiently and effectively, working with relevant partners eg. HR, Finance, etc
- Manage relocation services through identifying high-quality delivering service providers to maintain consistent and exceptional service delivery as well as manage exceptions and issues for resolution where you will partner with and drive supplier networks to initiate and deliver approved assignment services maintaining a consistent and exceptional service delivery as well manage exceptions and issues for resolution
- Ensure assignment is compliant from risk, tax, and from an immigration perspective, working with compliance experts as appropriate
- General knowledge of generalist HR recruitment and selection, career management, performance reviews, termination, remuneration, induction, employee relations, etc.
- Good understanding of Tax and Immigration legislation, as well as relevant employment law
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels including the Line leaders, Talent Team, Tax and Immigration team, as well as external partners and vendors