What’s this position about?
The Makosi approach to mobility reflects our commitment to our people, our clients and our organization to provide all our employees an international work experience. We aim to support the international opportunities needed by our business partners and employees in order to achieve their potential and grow their careers as well as develop a global, inclusive and flexible mind and skill set, thus making our people invaluable to their clients. We want to create consistent exceptional assignee experiences with intentional outcomes.
Anywhere, South Africa
Your daily adventures will include:
- Coordination and administration of immigration and mobility programs.
- Consistently apply proper understanding of the mobility framework and policy elements.
- Manage the global mobility lifecycle providing support, guidance and subject matter expertise.
- Assist in the preparation of data, research, analysis, and cost impact as needed.
- Prepare documentation/supporting documents for employee and corporate related documentation, as needed. End to end passport and visa guidance and support to be provided to resources.
- Responsible to plan, coordinate and liaise with third party vendors and internal Makosi stakeholders on all global mobility programs, work authorization (business cases) and any immigration/ global mobility related tasks during the assignment/transfer period.
- Consult with assignees and coordinate pre-departure, post-arrival, assignment counselling, onboarding and related services; maintain high employee experience through high employee engagement.
- Coordinate with external relocation service providers to ensure exceptional service and seamless relocation and immigration support.
- Collectively work with the Global Mobility Lead and Makosi Stakeholders to continuously improve global mobility processes.
- Track and coordinate any relocation-related payment collection from the employee and ensure internal stakeholders are kept abreast of the status and details.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and internal departments to complete contract documents and setup payment for assignee lease contracts and ensure payments and contracts are up to date.
- Maintain trackers to ensure all cases are up-to-date and on track and provide update or follow-up with relevant counterparts/third party vendors for further action as necessary.
- Properly organize and maintain all files, records, and correspondence relating to mobility matters (includes documents of a routine and confidential nature).
- Ensure the Global Mobility Lead is properly updated on the status of all activity impacting their areas of responsibility.
- Be an active team player and willing to assist team with high volume tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Must have a curiosity for solving problems and a strong initiative in finding ways to do things better.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple competing demands and projects, and to prioritize requests effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to identity issues and communicate with others, both inside and outside Makosi.
- Proficient in the use of multiple technology systems. Microsoft O365 product suite skills are essential.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload with tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree, and 2 years of directly related experience (benefits, compensation, global mobility); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures with specific knowledge of immigration and global mobility.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with a solid foundation in the areas of Global Mobility, compensation and compliance.